Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DOLE's Train Ride and Garden Tour

WE RETURNED TO DOLE PLANTATION TO CHECK OUT THE 'TRAIN RIDE' AND GARDEN TOUR. WE GOT A DISCOUNT IN THE STORE FOR MORE PINEAPPLE CANDY AND A TEE SHIRT FOR BEING MILITARY, TOO. LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

These pictures are a mixture of Teenie and mine. Enjoy! *click on images to enlarge*




Oh, yes, this is a coffee tree. Just looking at it makes me want another cuppa!




I love pics of folk walking away. These are my boys:





A pretty pond full of Koi and . . . it started to sprinkle a bit at this point, but we were almost done and it was refreshing. It certainly wasn't hot today, by any means.



Just as the train rounded the bend to pull back into the 'station', these clouds were starting our way. Life's a gamble, as is the weather even in sunny Hawaii.



Loveliness on a pond. See the raindrops?




SB was about ready to go home at this point. Having had a bit of a run in with Teenie whilst in the gift shop on our way in, and, refusing to eat (moody!), he was getting hungry and fed up with us tourists.



I love how the sunlight trickles through the palms.






A white Hibiscus for y'all.





I kept calling these nanners, but they are plantains. Geesh! I'm old, give me a break!




The pineapple conveyor belt machine thing.



On the ride, you can smell the fermentation of the pineapples . . . it's a bit nauseating after a bit.





Owwww, Lawd. This is nectar of the gods. I swear it. Dole Whip is divine!!!!




Pineapple garden shapes. I was around the other side before I "saw" they were pineapples. I'm so daft!



Okay. I'm done. Stick a whole pineapple in me 'cos I'm done. I can't wait for folk to come visit so we can have a VALID excuse to go up and consume more Dole Whip. Okay, and ride the train again. I'm just that much of a child.

11 comments:

  1. Mmmm Dole Whip

    You know, when my sis lived in Hawaii, they had it at the Ala Moana mall in the food court. I wonder if they still do? Then you could get some even if you don't go to the Plantation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, don't get those notions in my brain! ;)
    Either way, it's a 20 minute haul to get some.

    Esther - did you have fun????

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a good day..although that pic of you and hubby seems to say "we're done with the whole train ride thing". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I wonder if there is a recipe out there for Dole whip for those of us stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures! It looks perfectly lovely! That dole whip looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha yeah, yeah, I know, Ala Moana is not very close to base at all. But still... if you're going down to Waikiki...

    :)


    Now the only time I get Dole Whip is at the Minnesota State Fair. They always have a vendor there. Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Therese - the best I can guess is it's a pineapple sherbet with a twist of creamy pineapple ice cream. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn - that pic of hubby and I? I was just done laughing/cackling and had to wipe my eyes. Chief does look annoyed, but we were all laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pics Dawn! You really live in a gorgeous place! Merry Christmas to you!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete